Wednesday, 4 May 2016

Pope condemns paedophilia as new details of 6 year old girl's murder and rape emerges in Italy

Pope Francis used his weekly Sunday message to denounce paedophilia, following the emergence of new details surrounding the alleged rape and murder of an Italian girl- child in 2014.

The Pope’s comments followed new revelations in the case of a six-year-old girl who died in June 2014, after allegedly being thrown from an eighth-story balcony in Naples.
A 43-year-old man is being held in a prison in Rome charged with throwing the girl from a housing block in a deprived area of the city after raping her, following a re-opening of the case. The man has denied the charges.
“This is a tragedy. We should not tolerate the abuse of minors,” said Pope Francis, in his message and blessing at St Peter’s Square.
“We must protect our minors and severely punish abusers.”
The Pope has vowed a “zero tolerance” for abusers in the Church, however victims groups have accused him of not doing enough.
https://www.dramafever.com/news/descendants-of-the-sun-almost-couldnt-be-shown-on-tv/

Thursday, 12 February 2015

It’s Valentine weekend at “57”

Last week at Club 57 was a weekend to remember. Several celebrities and DJs came to officially welcome DJ Prince to 57 and the scene was electric. This Valentine weekend, “57” is hosting the wildest parties each night from Thursday to Saturday. “We Own Thursday Nights – WOTN” (Peju & Abk), Bizzle and ASA will be planning these insane parties.
And now that “57” has the baddest club DJ in town, it is guaranteed to be an awesome weekend at the club. We Own Thursdays, We Rock Fridays and now We Have Taken Over Saturdays. It’s going to be all Red at “57” this Valentine Weekend. 57 is located at #57 Awolowo Road Ikoyi, Lagos. For reservations & Table bookings dial 09091001000


Lekki/Epe toll gate goes if I’m elected governor - Jimi Agbaje says

Lagos state PDP gubernatorial candidate Jimi Agbaje, has promised to pull down the Lekki/Epe toll gates, if elected next governor of the state. He said this at a peaceful protest, tagged March for freedom, organised by Freedom Group in Lekki
"I am here to show solidarity with you on the issue of the toll plaza for which you are marching today and assure you that when we get into office, these toll gates will come down; I will demolish all of them. The public/private partnership, PPP, arrangement behind this project is not transparent. 
Look at the BRT and Lagos light rail projects, they are collapsing because the PPP arrangements they have on ground are not sustainable. The light rail which was supposed to have been ready since 2012, is grounded and this is because of vested interests of a few people. The PPP arrangements are skewed to favour only a few people, so for me, I am in solidarity with you and a vote for us is a vote for freedom, a vote to bring down the toll plazas.” Mr Agbaje said (source -Vanguard)


Nicki Minaj moves out of 40k a month mansion following break up w/ Safaree

Last month, Nicki Minaj let off an angry rant on instagram on the state of the modern music industry that was set up for everyone to get paid except the artist. Looks like despite having the No.1 rap album on the Billboard charts, Nicki is not making that much money. There are now reports that the rapper has quietly moved out of her $40k a month huge Hollywood Hills rental… 

According to The Jasmine Brand Nicki Minaj, who moved in there in late 2013 with Safaree, packed up and moved out recently after breaking up with Safaree. The home is now back on the market for rent at $39, 500 a month.

Why do people invest so much time & energy into other peoples' lives?' - Nicki Minaj


She shared a pic with her new man and ranted about those who invest so much time in other people's lives. "You don't have a job but you're on every social site. I guess you are a social worker" lol

Thursday, 3 April 2014

Dancehall artist Vybz Kartel sentenced to life in prison for murder

Jamaican dance hall star Adidja Azim Palmer popularly known as Vybz Kartel has been sentenced to life in prison for the murder of a former business associate named Clive "Lizard" Williams.

Jamaica's supreme court sentenced Kartel today April 3rd after a 58-day trial, said to be the longest in the history of Jamaica's Circuit court. The musician's 3 other associates, Shawn Campbell, Kahira Jones and Andre St. John were also sentenced to life in prison.

The four men are accused of killing Clive after inviting him to Kartel's home to discuss two missing illegal hand guns. Though a body has never been found, the key piece of evidence that nailed Vybz was a text message that he sent from his phone which claimed 'Clive had been chopped up into so many pieces his body would never be found."

Kartel will not be eligible for parole until he serves 35 years of his life sentence. His lawyers are planning to appeal his sentence. Meanwhile, Vybz has been in prison since 2011 after he was arrested for possession of marijuana, illegal possession of firearm and the murder of a Jamaican businessman, Barrington Burton. Though he was later found not guilty and was acquitted of the charge of murder of Burton, he remained in prison pending his second murder case which started in November 2013.

Taraji P. Henson says she's given up on men in the US, now looking abroad

43 year old Oscar nominated actress Taraji P Henson got very candid in her interview in the April issue of Upscale magazine, which she covers. Talking about her dating life, the mother of one who has never been married, said;
Here’s the deal. I’m no spring chicken. I’m not in my 20s dating around. I’m looking for happily ever after. So, once you get clear on what it is you’re looking for, the pickings are slim, honey. I’ve left the whole continent of North America. I'm looking abroad"
Lol @ looking abroad. I agree with her. If you want to date around there's so many options. But when you are looking to settle down...the pickings are really really slim. Abi, single ladies?

Saturday, 22 March 2014

Chelsea Demolish 10-man Arsenal 6-0

Arsene Wenger's 1,000th game in charge of Arsenal turned out to be an occasion to forget for the Frenchman as his 10-man team were crushed by Chelsea.
Nemanja Matic and Samuel Eto'o celebrate with Andre Schurrle after he scores Chelsea's second goal against Arsenal Photo: GETTY IMAGES
Nemanja Matic and Samuel Eto'o celebrate with Andre Schurrle after he scores Chelsea's second goal against Arsenal Photo: GETTY IMAGES
Arsenal were two behind after seven minutes, with first Samuel Eto'o and then Andre Schurrle benefiting from clinical Chelsea counter-attacking.
Eden Hazard's penalty after a Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain handball all but finished the match as a contest.
Oscar scored twice before Mohamed Salah inflicted more pain on Arsenal.
Substitute Salah's strike completed a miserable afternoon for the Gunners, who appeared to have the wrong player sent off when Kieran Gibbs was dismissed following Oxlade-Chamberlain's first-half handball.
It was Jose Mourinho's biggest Premier League victory as Chelsea manager and also the first time in Chelsea's history that they have scored six times against their London rivals.
During a week in which Wenger has received much acclaim for his longevity and success, the Frenchman also prophetically remarked that every defeat left "a scar in your heart that you never forget".
Wenger also went on to say there had been "much suffering" - as well as joy - since he joined Arsenal in 1996 and watching his team beaten so convincingly by the Premier League leaders, severely damaging their title hopes in the process, would have caused the 64-year-old much pain.
The visitors were caught dilly-dallying in possession on too many occasions, leaving Chelsea's powerful midfield to steal the ball with ease and ruthlessly surge forward to get the better of a ragged Arsenal defence.
The story could have been different had Petr Cech not dived low to save Olivier Giroud's stabbed effort from close range in the opening minutes.
But the Frenchman failed to make the most of Tomas Rosicky's through ball and Chelsea counter-attacked through Andre Schurrle and Eden Hazard before the ball fell to Eto'o, who cut in to score with his left boot.
Nemanja Matic then nicked the ball from the lacklustre Santi Cazorla and put Schurrle through and the German found the bottom left corner, just as Eto'o had done two minutes earlier.
Wenger, disheartened in the dugout, threw a bottle of water on to the sidelines but the afternoon would soon get worse for him.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain conceded a penalty for tipping Hazard's curling effort away with his fingertips. The Belgian scored from the spot but referee Andy Marriner wrongly sent off Kieran Gibbs, despite Oxlade-Chamberlain telling Marriner he was the culprit.
Three minutes before the break Cheslea were further ahead as Schurrle and substitute Fernando Torrescreated a simple tap-in for Oscar.
Inevitably, more goals followed after the break with Oscar doubling his personal tally by finding the corner and then substitute Mohamed Salah beating the off-side trap to confidently finish beyond Szczesny.
Arsenal host Manchester City on Saturday after a midweek tie against Swansea and defeat in either of those matches would knock the Gunners - seven points adrift of leaders Chelsea in third - out of the title race.

READ MORE: http://news.naij.com/62559.html


Wednesday, 19 March 2014

WEB DEVELOPER JOB AT IROKING.COM

iROKING is West Africa’s number one music distribution platform with over 35,0000 tracks from 400+ artists, delivering 15 million views on average a month with over 130,000,000 views across its pages.
We are a fast growing VC-backed start-up and have offices in London, New York, Lagos and Johannesburg. We are looking to expand our London based tech team in 2014 in order to tackle some of the larger challenges we are facing to grow our business in Africa.
Job description
As a Web Developer for this role, you should have a very strong understanding of HTML, CSS and Javascript. You must understand how to build responsive websites that work well across multiple devices and browsers. You have built PHP applications using Linux, Apache & MySQL.
You will predominantly be overseeing the web and mobile products of iROKING– Nigeria’s most popular legal music site (www.iROKING.com and m.iROKING.com) with over a million visits per month. It will be your responsibility to optimize the sites for the best possible user experience and monetization to help us grow further. Besides our global tech team, you’ll be working closely with the business development and content teams.
The job is ideal for someone looking for a new challenge in their career: iROKING has been hugely successful based on its content and business model alone – we are now looking for a developer who can help build the infrastructure to get us to the next level. The task will be challenging fun, exciting, and rewarding and if you are successful, the position has infinite upward potential.

Desired Skills and Experience

Qualities we’re looking for
·       You are passionate about web standards and accessibility.
·       You write clean, efficient and maintainable code.
·       You have excellent knowledge of PHP, MySQL and LAMP based architecture.
·       You have extensive knowledge of a modern PHP Framework (e.g. Laravel, Symfony, Zend).
·       You have a solid grasp of when and when not to use features of CSS3 and HTML5.
·       You have experience working with CSS pre-processors such as Sass.
·       You know jQuery, even if you prefer vanilla Javascript.
·       You are familiar with a code versioning system such as Git.
·       You have exposure to high traffic websites and solving scalability issues.
·       You have an understanding of the MVC pattern.
·       You are willing to go the extra mile to ensure we deliver the best user experience and monetization
Qualities that would make you stand out
·       You have a good understanding of user experience.
·       You have experience in RESTful HTTP API development.
·       You have a Github/BitBucket profile with examples of work you’re particularly proud of.
·       You understand A/B testing and can make decisions based on data.
·       You have experience of 3rd party API integration, specifically any payment processing APIs.
·       Redis or MongoDB experience a huge plus.
·       Knowledge of open source software and some open source projects under your belt.
·       You are passionate about Nigerian music and or Nigerian mobile consumers
Our tech stack
Our front-end is responsive. The CSS uses Sass with Compass and OOCSS/BEM. We use Zepto and a lightweight library called Uniform for structuring our JavaScript. We love great performance and spend a lot of time in developer tools. We automate our build tasks using Grunt.
On the back-end we’re a PHP shop. We use MySQL and MongoDB for data stores and Redis and Memcached for queuing and caching. Our servers are built on AWS and are managed using Chef. We use the friendly campfire robot Hubot to run our deploy tasks. NewRelic keeps us in check.
Why work for us?
A diverse working environment across four global offices with a driven, passionate and highly successful colleagues who are passionate about Nigerian content A company that is a market leader in its field, young, agile and responsive to great ideas.
·       The opportunity to learn from and work with global tech talent, including the option of travel
·       A competitive salary.
·       Milestone based bonuses.
Note: PLEASE SUBMIT CV,s. APPLICATIONS WITH NO CV’S WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Charly Boy who’s respected father Nigerian Justice, Chukwudifu Oputa is in critical condition is now rocking a New look.
The ‘Area fada’ who is popularly known for his dreadlocks decided to ditch it for a skin cut.
The happily married father sure looks good with his new bald head.
charly_boy_newlook

Colombia's most obese baby - who weighs the same as a six-year-old child - has been ‘rescued’ by a charity so he can undergo life-saving treatment.
PHOTOS: Meet The World's Most Obese Baby Who Weights As 6-Yr-Old Who Has Been Taken Off Mother
PHOTOS: Meet The World's Most Obese Baby Who Weights As 6-Yr-Old Who Has Been Taken Off Mother
Santiago Mendoza, eight months, already tips the scales at almost 20kg was flown from his home in the northeastern city of Valledupar to the capital Bogota on Sunday.
Volunteers from Medellin-based Chubby Hearts foundation (Gorditos de Corazon) stepped in to transport the boy after his mother Eunice Fandiño wrote in asking for help.
PHOTOS: Meet The World's Most Obese Baby Who Weights As 6-Yr-Old Who Has Been Taken Off Mother
She confessed that her own ‘ignorance’ had led to her son's unhealthy weight gain and that, every time he cried, she gave him food or milk to calm down.
Santiago has suffered medical complications due to his weight since he was born, and has already been hospitalised on several occasions.
PHOTOS: Meet The World's Most Obese Baby Who Weights As 6-Yr-Old Who Has Been Taken Off MotherPHOTOS: Meet The World's Most Obese Baby Who Weights As 6-Yr-Old Who Has Been Taken Off Mother
Chubby Hearts director Salvador Palacio González said the child would be evaluated by specialist doctors at the Colina Clinic.
Medics will then try to bring his weight down to a manageable level before submitting him to a series of operations.PHOTOS: Meet The World's Most Obese Baby Who Weights As 6-Yr-Old Who Has Been Taken Off Mother
"Likely, what the boy will need is a long-term treatment, education, healthy food, and when he is older physical activity,
Otherwise, in the future, he could suffer from diabetes, high blood pressure and severe problems with his joints," the surgeon said.
PHOTOS: Meet The World's Most Obese Baby Who Weights As 6-Yr-Old Who Has Been Taken Off Mother
PHOTOS: Meet The World's Most Obese Baby Who Weights As 6-Yr-Old Who Has Been Taken Off Mother
Fandiño revealed that she was practically confined to her home as the baby was ‘too heavy’ to take out and about.
But she added that she was ‘optimistic’ about the help she was receiving and has promised to follow the instructions she's given by doctors.

READ MORE: http://news.naij.com/62285.html


A 39-year-old American woman has been arrested over trying to cut off her husband's penis with a box cutter during the quarrel.
Photo: Lisa Jones-Orock tries to cut off her husband's penis
Both Lisa Jones-Orock and her husband were taken into custody, when the neighbours called the police.
During the interrogation the man confessed his wife had tried to cut off his penis, while she said he had threatened to stab her.
The woman was tested positive to drugs (marijuana).
Interestingly, it was found out that the woman had a restraining order which didn't allow her husband to approach (contact) her.
READ MORE: http://news.naij.com/62262.html